Client profile: Magawell Limited t/a Evans Pharmacy
Magawell Limited currently trades as Evans Pharmacies and has 3 sites in West Wales. Magawell Limited is owned and managed by Mo Nazemi, who is supported by an external investor in relation to his growth plans.
Due to restrictions in the sector, growth is mainly achieved through acquisition and this also provides an exit route for pharmacists seeking succession for their outlets.
Magawell Limited has a strategy to grow the number of pharmacies within the company to provide critical mass and regional coverage.
Magawell Limited acquired the trade and assets of 7 retail pharmacies in South East and West Wales from AE Petersen Limited.
How we helped
We supported the acquirer as follows:
- Providing a sounding board for the acquirer in relation to the financial and commercial elements of the transaction;
- Undertaking the financial due diligence process, including liaising with the vendor’s advisers, analysing and commenting on financial information and meeting with the vendor and their advisers to discuss our findings;
- Preparing financial projections to enable the acquirer to assess the financial requirement to complete the transaction;
- Advising on valuation to provide the acquirer with the information they required to negotiate with the vendor on price and deal structure; and
- Liaising with legal advisers in relation to the financial aspects of all transaction documentation.
What the client said about working with us
“I was very impressed by the level of support, detail and professionalism during the whole process.”
Mo Nazemi, Director and Shareholder, Magawell Limited