Client profile: Land Remediation Relief
Our client runs haulage contracting and waste screening, recycling and tipping services.
How we helped
The company had been conducting Land Remediation on a site, previously occupied as a chemical landfill site, for a number of years. Prior to the remediation, the ground was contaminated with chemicals and other waste products from the previous industrial use of the site. This posed a real risk of damage to the local ecosystem and broader environment caused by chemicals leaching into the groundwater and via water runoff.
Our client converted the contaminated land into land ready for development. By doing so, the company made the site suitable for a range of industrial uses in the knowledge that environmental damage can arise.
Working closely with the Directors we supported their Land Remediation Enhanced Relief claim by:
- Advising on the specifics of what qualifies for tax relief.
- Summarising and calculating the Land Remediation
- Enhanced Relief available across four accounting periods.
- Advising on the correct format to submit the claim to HMRC.
- Preparation and submission of the final report to HMRC.
- Ongoing support for future claims.
What the client said about us
” MHA Broomfield Alexander’s expertise has enabled us to submit a very significant claim to HMRC which has both produced an immediate tax refund and a reduction of our ongoing corporation tax liabilities”