Client profile: Safety Technology Limited
Established in 2002, Safety Technology Limited is a leading provider of safety training and equipment for work at heights. Safety Technology is a market leader in safety and rescue equipment for onshore and offshore wind farms, inspection, maintenance, vacuum packing and certification of safety systems.
How we helped
As an innovative growing business, Safety Technology were researching and developing existing climbing items for the renewable energy sector, advancing their design, comfort and protection for the user.
They were also developing a new range of products which required specific dual functions for offshore wind energy technicians.
Working closely with the Directors at Safety Technology we supported their R&D by:
- Advising on the specifics of what is meant by ‘R&D’ for tax purposes.
- Helping to identify projects that fitted within the definition of R&D.
- Summarising and calculating R&D enhanced relief on projects.
- Advising on the correct format to submit the claim to HMRC.
- Preparation and submission of the final report to HMRC.
- Further support for an additional R&D claim which followed.
What the client said about us
“MHA Broomfield Alexander have helped us to prepare our tax relief claim for R&D in a highly efficient and helpful way.
We feel sure that we have optimised our claim as a result of their thorough and professional approach.”
Bob Dickens, Managing Director, Safety Technology Limited