Clarks Modular Buildings Limited
Clarks Modular Buildings Limited was founded in 1951 as a family run business. The initial business was hire of jackleg cabins to local business contractors and the construction industry. Clarks progressed into hire and sales of modular buildings in 1998.
The company’s clients are spread across the private and public sector in Wales and throughout the UK and include some major utility companies and well known construction businesses.
Clarks Modular Buildings Limited was acquired by Modex Buildings Limited, a company formed by a key member of the management team and her brother, who has significant experience in the construction sector. The exiting Managing Director will remain on the Board of Directors.
The new management team has a strategy to grow the company to provide critical mass and regional coverage.
We supported the acquirer as follows:
- Providing a sounding board for the acquirer in relation to the financial and commercial elements of the transaction;
- Undertaking the financial due diligence process, including liaising with the vendor’s advisers, analysing and commenting on financial information and meeting with the vendor and their advisers to discuss our findings;
- Preparing financial projections to enable the acquirer to assess the financial requirement to complete the transaction;
- Advising on valuation to provide the acquirer with the information they required to negotiate with the vendor on price and deal structure; and
- Liaising with legal advisers in relation to the financial aspects of all transaction documentation.
What the client said about working with us
“We have great plans to continue, grow and develop the Business, my knowledge and contacts in the Construction Sector will open new doors to the company. I would like to thank Ian for the opportunity he has given us, MHA Broomfield Alexander (Seamus & Charlotte), Nat West (Zoe, Jessica & Sinead), Thomas Simon (Liz, Rebecca & Paul), but especially Seamus from MHA Broomfield Alexander for all his time, patience and expert knowledge, without him this deal would have never completed.”
Ellis John, Director and Shareholder, Modex Buildings Limited