Archive for the ‘Payroll’ Category

Everything you need to know about your P60

Posted on: July 24th, 2018 by Clive Headon No Comments

By now everybody who is employed should have received a P60 document. It is compulsory for an employer to provide their employees with this document by the 31st May. (more…)

Holiday Entitlement

Posted on: July 16th, 2018 by Clive Headon No Comments

Almost all workers are legally entitled to 5.6 weeks paid holiday per year, employers can choose to include bank holidays in this entitlement.

For a full time worker, calculating holiday pay is straight forward; workers who work a 5-day week must receive at least 28 days paid annual leave per year. (This is the equivalent of 5.6 weeks).

(more…)

GDPR & Sage Online Services Portal

Posted on: May 15th, 2018 by Judith Mallen No Comments

With GDPR on the horizon, Sage Online Services Portal is a secure online portal designed to share payslips, P60s and timesheets with employees for whom you run a Payroll service.

Sage Online Payslips/P60s keeps your payslips and P60s processes simple and straightforward, and is a great alternative way to produce your payslips and P60s.

The safe, secure online portal allows your employees to access their payslips and P60s online, 24/7 from any device. (more…)

Important changes in the Workplace Childcare Voucher Scheme

Posted on: March 20th, 2018 by Clive Headon No Comments

The Government launched a new Tax-Free Childcare scheme for working families from April 2017.

What does this mean for you as an employer?

If you currently have a voucher scheme in place, you can continue to join new members until October 2018 (or for as long as you keep the scheme open) although employees who wish to join after this date will be unable to. (more…)

Spring Statement 2018 – Upcoming changes

Posted on: March 14th, 2018 by Clive Headon No Comments

National living wage and national minimum wage

National minimum wage rates for all ages and apprentices are increasing from 1 April 2018. (more…)

One million firms comply with auto-enrolment

Posted on: March 1st, 2018 by Clive Headon No Comments

The number of employers that have complied with auto-enrolment passed one million for the first time in January 2018.

Data released by The Pensions Regulator showed the total number of employers to have completed their declaration of compliance stood at 1,032,567 in the first month of 2018. (more…)

Now Pensions – Important Information released from the Pensions Regulator

Posted on: February 16th, 2018 by Sarah Curzon No Comments

On the 6th February 2018, the Pensions Regulator (TPR) announced that it has set NOW Pensions a deadline to resolve persistent administrative errors with the pension scheme.

Due to administrative errors carried out over a number of years, some scheme members savings have not been collected from employers and therefore not been invested.  As a result the TPR has fined the trustee (NOW: Pension Trustee Limited) a total of £70,000 for its failings.  (more…)

Workplace Pensions – Increase in Contributions

Posted on: February 9th, 2018 by Clive Headon No Comments

Here are some changes that you need to be aware of that are coming soon to your workplace pension contributions obligations, under Auto Enrolment.

If your pension scheme is being used for automatic enrolment, as from the 6 April 2018, all employers by law will be required to increase the minimum contribution that they currently pay into their employee’s pension scheme to at least 2% and employees will have to increase their contributions to 3% to bring the total minimum contribution to 5%.  (more…)

Under-25s push for national living wage equality

Posted on: November 7th, 2017 by Sarah Curzon No Comments

Workers under the age of 25 are missing out on more than £6,000 a year because they are not entitled to the national living wage (NLW).

Charity group Young Women’s Trust polled 4,010 people aged between 18 and 30, finding the average young worker is paid £3.45 an hour less for doing the same work as older people.

Over the course of the year, younger workers are receiving £6,279 less than their older colleagues. (more…)

TPR carries out spot checks on South Wales employers

Posted on: October 19th, 2017 by Clive Headon No Comments

Inspection teams have been visiting dozens of businesses in Cardiff, Newport, Caerphilly, the Vale of Glamorgan and Rhondda Cynon Taf to check that qualifying staff are being given the workplace pensions they are entitled to.

The move is part of a nationwide enforcement campaign by The Pensions Regulator (TPR) which began in London in April to ensure employers are meeting their automatic enrolment duties correctly. (more…)

Blog: Latest Articles

Seamus Gates
Marcus Nallon

The Marriage Allowance Explained

Posted in Tax by Marcus Nallon
Leighton Reed
Sarah Curzon

Capital Gains Tax Planning

Posted in Tax by Sarah Curzon

View all articles