As the leading charity accountants in Wales we act for charities in Cardiff, Newport, Swansea and Monmouth and we know that the unique challenge facing charities and not-for-profit organisations is not only to operate in a highly regulated environment, but also to make a contribution to society – to make a difference.
MHA Broomfield Alexander’s investment in a team of dedicated charity accounting specialists means we have the expertise and resources to stay at the forefront of sector issues. Helping our clients receive the right advice – at the right time.
Our specialist accountancy services to charities and not for profit organisations include:
- Assurance services – Charity audit (external and internal) and independent examination.
- Management accounts.
- Strategic reviews and planning.
- Advice on viability and restructuring.
- Internal control procedures, and risk management.
- Reserves policy and accounting for separate funds.
- Setting-up a new organisation: regulatory, taxation, and governance issues.
- Charity taxation generally, including VAT, maximising income through gift aid, ‘charitable trading’.
- Employment issues, taxation, the engagement of workers and working with volunteers.
- Training for both Trustees/Directors and management.
We have a number of courses that we are able to offer to clients and non-clients. These courses provide the opportunity for Trustees and team members to keep up to date with sector developments and ensure their risks and responsibilities are managed. Contact us to find out more.
Meet the team
MHA Broomfield Alexander are the leading charity accountants in Wales and our advisors are not only experts in their respective fields such as audit, tax and accountancy, but also have in-depth specialist sector know-how.
Our Charities team for Cardiff, Newport, Swansea and Monmouth is headed by Sarah Case, who works closely with the team across Audit, Business Services and Tax, 4 members of which have been awarded the ICAEW Diploma in Charity Accounting.
Charities and Not for Profit Team lead – Sarah Case, [email protected]
029 2054 9939 | 01633 265828 | 01792 790444 | 01600712171
Sign up to receive our bi-monthly charities newsletter here