A business primed for sale can be worth considerably more than one where the owners have neglected to plan ahead.
If you are expecting your business to fund a new business venture, or your retirement, consider that it takes on average more than three years to prepare a business for sale, or to reach a position where your day-to-day involvement can be substantially reduced.
You can improve the exit value of your business by focusing on the key issues affecting your success, such as management, financial, legal and taxation.
We can help to prepare your business for sale by:
- Researching potential acquirers.
- Helping you to recruit, retain, reward and motivate key team members.
- Preparing information packs for potential purchasers.
- Negotiating with purchasers on your behalf.
- Offering commercial advice on the legal contracts, pitfalls with earn-outs etc.
- Helping with tax planning and compliance and ensure you benefit from all available reliefs.
- Helping you to close the deal successfully.
We’ll support incoming and exiting shareholders by helping with the valuation of their holdings and assisting in the negotiation of the terms of entry or exit.
We will work with our specialist tax team to ensure the deal structure maximises the tax efficiency for the exiting shareholder(s) and thereby the return on their hard work.